Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Father's Day by the Tide - The Paper Players Challenge #146

I wanted to make a Father's Day card using the stamp set "By the Tide", and I struggled a bit with how I wanted it to look, and after three tries, I finally got it right.  I really love the way it turned out.  Now, since the Paper Players' challenge for this week is clean and simple masculine,  I thought I would join in the fun and play.  So here's my card ...

Recipe:
Paper:  very vanilla, early espresso, soho subway dsp (sneak peek from new catalog)
Ink:  baked brown sugar, smoky slate, coastal cabana, crisp canteloup, pistachio pudding, gumball green and gold embossing
Stamp Sets:  by the tide, teeny tiny wishes
Accessories:  twine, basic rhinestones, glitter

I love the Soho Subway paper behind the picture.  It really looks awesome and fits the card perfectly.  I hope you like it.  Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out The Paper Players .... there's some awesome designs on their blog.  Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Your stamped images are just gorgeous! Love this! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely....you've colored these images so wonderfully! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players! By the way, you still have word verification turned on, which makes it challenging for us to leave comments! If you need to know how to turn it off, just let one of us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, LeAnne & Amy. I loved creating the card for your challenge. And yes, I could use your help with turning off word verification. Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with the By the Tide set! Your fish looks nice and real! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete