Friday, May 3, 2013

A Card for a Deacon

The same woman who asked if I could make her the "Whatever" with an attitude card also saw a sample on my board that she wanted to purchase, but it was only a card front.  She has a Deacon friend she wanted to send the card to, so I told her I would be happy to recreate the card for her.  She was thrilled.  The sample card was made by April Lopez as a swap.

When I got home, I was so glad I had everything I needed to recreate the card.  I even had the same black ribbon too.  By a stroke of luck, I had recently purchased the "Crosses of Hope" stamp set, and who knew, I was so glad I had it.

Here's the card I recreated for her, and thank you, April, for the beautiful card.



I don't know if you can see it clearly in the picture, but after I stamped the celtic cross on the cardstock using black stazon, I took the Summer Starfruit marker and ran it down the cross and across, then added glitter down the center and across the cross, and it shows a silver / gold affect.  It's really pretty.  The basic rhinestone in the center of the cross just topped it off perfectly.  I also added "God Bless You" inside the card, as I found it very appropriate.  I liked the card so much that I made one for myself too.  Hehehe.

Well, here's wishing you a blessed day today, and every day!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment