Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Basic Black

It's a short week for most of us, but I still managed to get some stampin time in, and just in time for our weekly Coloring Down the Lines blog hop.  This week's challenge is basic black.  The color combinations are either daffodil delight and old olive, or baja breeze and cherry cobbler.  I chose the first one because it reminds me of spring and summer ... so this was an easy one.  Carol always plays with us each week and never misses, like me (hehehe), and she's an endless creativity machine, don't you agree?  If you haven't stopped at her blog before mine, don't forget to go back and check her out.  You'll never  be disappointed.

So without further ado, here's my submission for the week:

Card Recipe:
Paper:  basic black, daffodil delight, old olive, whisper white
Ink:  basic black, old olive, daffodil delight
Stamp Sets:  summer silhouettes, teeny tiny wishes
Accessories:  daffodil delight seam binding, basic pearls, needlepoint border EF, scallop trim border bunch

I wish every week could be as easy as this week, but then again, it wouldn't be a challenge, would it?  And if you think about it, these challenges allow us sometimes to think outside the box and explore combinations we would have never dreamed of putting together.  So for that, I'm so grateful to be participant.

Now, let's see what Joni has for us this week.  I happen to know that she had her card done way before we even knew what the line up was going to be.  How about that!  GO JONI!  

Hope you enjoy the tour ... and please do keep coming back.  We love your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Helen! I went the wrong route this week, but I learned from it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. The black is such a striking contrast to the yellow and green. Makes for a striking card too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete