Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Card for a Deacon

The same woman who asked me to create the "Whatever" with an attitude card from the ladies' bingo also saw a sample on my board that used the "Crosses of Hope" stamp set.  It was a card that was made by April Lopez as a swap, and the woman really wanted the card to send to her Deacon friend, so I told her I would gladly re-create it for her and send it to her.  Luckily, I had just purchased the "Crosses of Hope" stamp set a few weeks back - who knew ... and whola, I recreated the card for her.  Here it is, and thank you April for your inspiration.



It's a bit hard to see, but after I stamped the cross using stayzon, I used the Summer Starfruit marker and colored down the center and across the cross, then took my glue stick and glitter and whola, there it is.  I topped it off with a rhinestone in the center, just as April did on her sample.  It's really pretty.  I was so lucky I had the ribbon April used as well.  So inside the card, how appropriate - I added "God Bless You".  I made an extra one for myself because I really like it.  You never know when you're going to need one.

Hope you like it.  I hope you have a blessed day today, and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment