Friday, September 12, 2014

Grateful For You Harvest

Today is my birthday, and of course, I didn't make myself a birthday card, but I did make this beautiful Fall harvest card using my favorite colors right now.  My mother's birthday is today as well, and although she is not with us anymore, I think of her so much.  The special bond of having the same birthday and her being my mother is so dear to me, I can't express how I feel.  So this card is for her too.

This card is using the new "2014-16 in colors" from Stampin' Up and they are just so rich.  At first, I wasn't sure if I liked them and how I would make something using all of them together, but that quickly faded because I've been using them like crazy.  I love every season, and I'm so fortunate to live in Pennsylvania where the seasons change and they inspire me to make fun, new stuff.

I call this card "Grateful For You Harvest" because I am grateful for you, your encouragement, and viewing my blog, along with the sweet comments you leave for me.  That just keeps me going to see what I can make next.  I just love to stamp, and I'm so glad I've made this part of my life because it's my passion.

I'm heading out to dinner with my husband and son, as I enjoy spending time with them.  Our daughter and husband live in Brooklyn, and unfortunately, we don't see them much, but when we do , it warms my heart to have us all together again.  Time flies and your children grow and leave the nest, but thank goodness they don't forget about you and come back to spend time with you.  That's one of my favorite things of all.

Anyway, here's the card I made and decided to post on my birthday.  I hope you love it as much as I do.  It looks so rich with the colors, and I could stare at it all day.


Recipe
Paper:  blackberry bliss, very vanilla, tangelo twist, lost lagoon
Ink:  blackberry bliss, tangelo twist, mossy meadow, hello honey, lost lagoon, soft suede
Stamp Sets:  fall fest, gorgeous grunge, petite petals, for all things
Accessories:  for fall framelits, petite flower punch, itty bitty accent punch, itty bitty punch, basic pearls

Well, happy birthday to me and my mom, and I'll see you back here tomorrow with another card I made.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment