Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Fall Splendor

Looking at the picture for this week, the vegetables just pop off the page, so I wanted to so something like the photo, but didn't have any vegetable stamps.  So I pulled the colors out and thought a bit and came up with a design in my head, but then quickly changed it and I'm happy with it.

I like using the photographs for inspiration, as it's just not random colors you're looking at and trying to figure out how they go together, but having the photograph sends your thoughts to places beyond what you may have come up with without the visual.

Anyway, I'm rambling on, and I know you want to see what I've made for this week, don't you?  First, let me ask ... did you stop by everyone else's blog to see what they've made, or are you just starting here?  If so, don't forget to go back to Carol's blog, and follow backward, or hop on forward to Joni's blog and keep on hopping.

Here's the photograph we used for this week's creation...



The colors are so rich, and it's not hard for me to figure something out using those.  Here's what I made, using the photograph as my guide and inspiration.  It's not quite Fall in full bloom, but the start of Fall, and the end of Summer.

Recipe
Paper:  garden green, whisper white
Ink:  crisp cantaloupe, tangerine tango, rose red, elegant eggplant, garden green, pear pizzazz
Stamp Sets:  wonderous wreath, petite petals, pictogram punches, fall fest
Accessories:  woodgrain EF, petite petals punch, wonderful wreath framelits, fun fall framelits,  itty bitty accent punch, brights candy dot, basic pearls

I thought the candy dot in the middle of the ribbon gave it just the right look, as it felt like it was missing something without it.  I used garden green and pear pizzazz for the wreath, and dotted it with tangerine tango dots from the wonderous wreath set.  Sooooo cute.

Thanks for stopping by, and I sure hope you've been inspired by what we've created for you this week.  Keep on Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Just what I expect from you, Helen! Awesomeness! I had the same thought about veges, but alas, no stamps either, so I wimped out... Hugs

    ReplyDelete