Friday, September 26, 2014

Fall into the Paper Plunge

Today is the first day of a new blog, which I am one of the design team.  WHOO HOOO!  How exciting is that?  The name of the blog is "The Paper Plunge", and this is my first submission.  Please take the opportunity to visit us and play along.  The theme is "Fall", and the canvas is blank and ready to see what you have to share... www.thepaperplunge.blogspot.com.  Would love to see your entry ... so why don't you come on over and play?  

This is my submission for Week #1.  I hope you like it.  I can't wait for you to see all the other design team members' creations too.  They are all fabulous.

Recipe
Paper:  very vanilla, cajun craze, gold foil
Ink:  cajun craze, mossy meadow, tangelo twist, black berry bliss, hello honey, baked brown sugar, crumb cake
Stamp Sets:  hardwood, wonderous wreath, fall fest
Accessories:  wonderful wreath & fun fall framelits, linen thread, candy dot


I brayered the hardwood using crumb cake, then hello honey, and topped it off with baked brown sugar.  It really gave the wood a nice, warm glow, which is what I was looking for.  I also daubered the pumpkins with cajun craze to make them a bit darker organge, and I like the way they turned out.  I used cajun craze for two of the leaves, and sponged them over with blackberry bliss for a richer look.

Well, I hope you enjoy my creation, and please do join us over at The Paper Plunge.  We'd love to see your beautiful, Fall creations.

Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. Yummy Cardstock & Ink Colors! Makes me think of comfort food! Beautiful Card Helen! Happy Stampin'!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love this card, Helen! You are a gifted stamper! So happy to be on the DT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen! The way you colored this door is fabulous! You just know that behind this door is a wonderful home with the scent of baking apple pie... Great job, and can't wait to see what else you make for the new design team!!

    ReplyDelete