Thursday, September 25, 2014

Birthday Celebration at the Seaside

I recently connected with a dear friend of mine from elementary school and it was just like old times.  We had many things to talk about, and it was like no time past between us at all.

As we sat and worked on some Project Life pages, we chatted about her upcoming vacation to the beach.  It is her husband's birthday, and they are going to celebrate while they are at the shore.  So she asked me if I would make an 8x10 happy birthday picture frame, and of course, I jumped right to it.  Bea wanted a lobster, crab, and sand dollar on it, for sure, as they have meaning to both of them. I was in luck because we have By the Tide and By the SeaShore stamp sets, so I was ready.  It took a couple hours to design it and put it all together, and the frame I found fit absolutely perfect.  Check it out:


I used the "maritime" designer series paper for the background, and followed up with night of navy and smoky slate.  I cut out the lobster, crab and sand dollar after stamping and coloring them, and placed them strategically on the picture.  Last of all, I used the smoky slate chevron ribbon to top it off, and it came out great.  Best of all, Bea was absolutely thrilled with it and that's all that matters.

Happy Birthday, Curt.  Enjoy your seaside vacation, and your birthday frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment