Sunday, June 30, 2013

Remembering Mom

I was going to post something today, but really wasn't much in the mood.  You see, today is the anniversary of my mother's passing.  She passed on June 30, 2004 at 10:55 pm in my arms.  I miss her very much and was glad I could be there with her as she left this earth.  It's hard for me to make Mother's Day cards, even just as a challenge since I don't have her with me anymore.  So I'm thinking of her today and of all the wonderful times we had, all the things she enjoyed, and my dad who still misses her very much to this day.  Also, I bet you didn't know that my mother and I shared the same birthday.  Birthday's just aren't the same anymore, but I do celebrate them because I know that is what she would want me to do.  Maybe I'll make her a card on our birthday and place it on her grave stone.  I'll make sure I secure it well so no moisture gets in there and I know she would love that.

So today is sad for me, but hopeful because someday, I'll see her again.  Until then, I miss you mom, and love you so much.  Rest peacefully and I will see you some day.

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment