Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Coastal Cabana

Welcome back to the Coloring Down the Lines Blog Hop this week.  You'll never guess what I did?  I was busy making some birthday cards the night before the blog hop and totally forgot about my entry for the week!  OMG!  I've never done that before.  I usually have my card ready well in advance of Wednesday - usually have it completed by Sunday evening.  Well it was time for bed and I was so tired, and all of a sudden, my eyes flew wide open as I remembered:  I never created my card ! I had no idea what I wanted to make, so I sat down and went into panic mode.  I looked over at one of the stamp sets I had just purchased called Lacy and Lovely and said to myself, just make something using that.  So off I went pulling out the colors I wanted to use and finally got it done.  Whew!  What would I have done if I had forgotten?

Anyway, I hope you popped by to see Carol's card for this week's challenge first.  I bet she didn't forget like I did.  LOL!   I decided to use the Coastal Cabana, Pumpkin Pie, and Crushed Curry combo vs. the Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, and Calypso Coral.  I started out with the second combination, but quickly switched it up.  I'm glad I did ... I like the card as it turned out.  Here, see what you think for a card on the fly ....

Card Recipe:
Paper:   coastal cabana, crushed curry, whisper white, 2013-15 in color patterned dsp
Ink:  pumpkin pie, coastal cabana
Stamp Set:  lacy & lovely
Accessories:  2013-15 in color boutique details, squares collection framelits, chevron EF, coastal cabana 3/8" ruffle trim stretch ribbon, basic rhinestones

Not too bad for a quickie, huh?  Well, let's check out Joni's card this week.  I wonder what color combination she chose.  Let's go see ....

2 comments:

  1. Crunch time really favors you, Helen. This is beautiful, as always. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, you're so sweet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete