Friday, June 7, 2013

How About Some Wedding Cake

I made another wedding card, this time, focusing on the cake.  I chose a retired designer series paper (DSP) for the background, since it's one of my all time favorites.  The card I made is ok, but not one of my favorites.  I think it's the layers of the cake that I struggled with ... I should have not rounded the edges, but rather kept them more square.  Oh well, maybe I'll try again another time.

Recipe
Paper:  mocha morning dsp (retired), very vanilla, soft suede
Ink:  soft suede
Stamp Sets:  on a pedestal (retired), teeny tiny wishes
Accessories:  basic pearls, rosettes (retired), elegant lines EF, itty bitty banners framelit, very vanilla 1/8" taffeta ribbon

Now that I see the card here, it truly is not a favorite of mine.  I think maybe next time, I'll use paper flowers and not the larger rosettes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment