Friday, April 17, 2015

Painted Petals Birthday

I wasn't sure if I would like the painted petals stamp set, as I found them a bit difficult to master.  After using them several times, I think it's growing on me.  As with anything, practice makes perfect.  Looks like I'll be trying more designs with it, so I'll be happy to share what I come up with.

This card I made into a thank you.  This was one of the cards I made for my sister's friend's card kit.  I didn't take a picture of the inside (which I had).  I lined the inside with lost lagoon polka dot dsp, and used a large oval framelit and glued that on top, and stamped a few flowers on the top.  Oh well ... I'll remember to do that next time.  In the meantime, here's the front of the card:


This card has a lot of layers on it to begin with, and I used the sweet dreams washi tape for a bit of interest over top of a piece of whisper white piece of card stock, embossed using the spring flowers EF.  It's a simple card, and cute.  I saw the idea on Pinterest (yep, there's that Pinterest again) and tried my hand at some other colors.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment