Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Baja Breeze Duo

I certainly had to think hard about this week's blog challenge ... baja breeze and not quite navy duo.  When I think if blues, I automatically think of winter, snowmen, and all that cool stuff.  But since Spring just started and is nipping at our heels, I certainly didn't want to do a "SNOW" scene.  We're expecting between 2 and 6" of snow tomorrow, and I have to say, as much as I love the white stuff, I'm so ready for it to leave until next year.

So I took out the two colors and immediately pulled out the"Regals"  patterned DSP paper because I thought it might spark some ideas.  Well it sure did.  I thought of a blue dress, and off I went creating the card.  as I created one piece, then the next piece, it just ended up exactly like I expected, and actually, better than I expected.  I didn't have to change a thing.  YIPPIEEE!  I'm just loving the dress framelits - and to think I was skeptical about it at first, but boy, I can't stop using it now. 

Well, I hope you arrived here from Carol's blog, and if you didn't, please make sure you head right on over there because I wouldn't want you to miss her awesome card this week, or any week.  And without further ado, here's my sweet little blue dress duo card:

Isn't it cute?  I'm not usually one to rave about my own work, but because of the two colors, I really like it together.  Here's the recipe, should you want to make one yourself:

Paper:  not quite navy, baja blue, patterned dsp in not quite navy polka dot, whisper white
Ink:  not quite navey
Stamp Set:  ciao, baby
Accessories:  stripes EF, fancy fan EF, dress up framelits, petite curly label punch (Spring 2013 sale-a-bration) itty bitty shapes pumnch pack, baja breeze 3/8" pleated satin ribbon (retired), eyelet border punch, metalic silver cord, basic rhinestone jewels.


Well I hope you liked it as much as I do.  And I sure hope you try making some cute dresses with your new dress framelits .. what, you don't have one?   You can order one directly on my SU webpage at:  http://helen0912.stampinup.net.  Once you get there, the item number is (#130101).  If you are interested in the stamp set and the framelits bundle, that item number is:  (#131096 for the wood mount), or (#131095) for the clear-mount).  Either way, you'll be happy to ordered it.  It will ship direct to your door!  So what are you waiting for???

Now, let's check out Ms. Joni's creation for the week.  I'm anxious to see how she put the blue duo to work.  Until tomorrow, happy stamping!!! 


2 comments:

  1. I want this in my size! What a cute card! Great job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your creation, Helen! I have been on the fence about purchasing this bundle and you have sealed the deal for me.

    ReplyDelete