Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Gumball Green

Welcome back to our blog hop this week.  Our challenge was to come up with a card using one of the following color combinations:  gumball green, so saffron, melon mambo, or gumball green, midnight muse, marina mist.  I wanted to try the second combo, but nothing struck me.  I must admit, I had a little trouble with making my card.  I had an idea in mind and must have put it together several times and ended up just scrapping it.  So I settled on another design, which is ok, but not my fav.  I wonder how Carol does it.  She always comes up with such beautiful cards.  I wonder if she, or any of the other gals have times where it just doesn't work out?  UGH!  I was frustrated, but never-the-less, I will always come through.  Here it is... drum roll, please ...

So there you have it.  Now, let's check out Joni's blog and see what she created.  Joni's cards are always delightful too.  Everyone who participates on this blog hop is so talented, don't you think?  They are awesome, and I'm so honored they let me play with them.

Well g'night, and until tomorrow, happy hopping.


3 comments:

  1. Helen, you should talk! Your cards always inspire ME! And yes, I get brain fade every time I try to come up with a new idea! Anyway, your card is awesome, as usual. For my card I used a retired set called Bundle of Joy. I hope retired stuff is allowed. I think it's important to keep using what we buy, otherwise, what's the use? Right? HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it takes me an hour just to decide on what color to use -- that is where this color challenge comes in handy. I never know quite how to use these great sentiments. You did it perfectly. I love the way you put the circles, scallop and brad together. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, my dear friends. You're so sweet. After 3 different designs, a lot of messed up paper, and a whole lot of frustration, it took 3 hours to come up with this. LOL. I posted after midnight. I also had a sympathy card to create too before I went to bed, so didn't get to bed till 1 am. My eyes are being held open by toothpicks! Heehee

    ReplyDelete