Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Summer Starfruit

Howdy, blog hoppers!  It's that time of the week for something a little special.  Our challenge this week was to use either one of the following color combinations:  Summer Starfruit, Elegant Eggplant, and Baja Breeze (the creative combo), or Summer Starfruit, Marina Mist, and Real Red (the sweet set combo).  I chose the creative combo for my card.  I really like this color.  I was a little skeptical about it at first, but now I really love it.  You can do so much with it, or as little as you want, and still get a stinkin cute card out of it. 

Carol never seems to have trouble with any color combination that's put in front of her.  She knows just how to use the right texture and style for her creation that just makes it top notch.  Just trying to keep up is hard enough .. so here's what I've done for my entry using the creative combination:




Card Ingredients:

Stamp Set:  Vintage Verses (Sale-a-Bration)
Paper:  Summer Starfruit, Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze, Whisper White,  Patio Party DSP
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant
Accessories:  Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (retired), Designer Frames and Needle Point Border Embossing Folders, Labels Collection Framelits, Summer Starfruit Dahlia Flower


I actually saw this layout on a Christmas Card by Vicky Hayes and used it for my card today.  I added a few touches and whola.  Thank you Vicky for the inspiration.

Well, I'm anxious to see what Joni created this week using Summer Starfruit.  Joni always has a special technique or something to share.  Shall we hop on over and check it out?  Yep, I'm right there with you.  Let's go .... 



2 comments:

  1. Helen, you did a fabulous job with these colors! the printed paper just sets it off! You really have an eye...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The texture in this card completely sets it apart! You are the only one in the world to love this color!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete