Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Coloring Down the Lines - Bashful Blue

Well, I sure had a hard time with the challenge this week.  We had to create a card using the color combination Bashful Blue, Rose Red, and Wild Wasabi, or Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, and Certainly Celery.  I pondered this all week and throughout the weekend.  I knew I wanted to use the first color combo, and the colors spoke "Winter Theme" to me, but nothing was happening.  I started down one path, but ended up with another.  The worst thing was that I realized I didn't have bashful blue card stock ~ only the marker and water color crayon.  But lo and behold, wouldn't you know, I found 2 pieces of 8-1/2 x 11" card stock in a stack of outdated colors!  Wonder how it got there?  I found it at the n'th hour too.  What were the odds of that happening?????  So .. I decided to use the snowman from Stampin Up's Snow Much Fun stamp set.  I wonder if everyone else had as much difficulty as I did?  From what you've seen over at carolscards-rchelix, it didn't seem like she had much trouble, did it?  Here's what I came up with:

We also have some great news this week.  A new person joined us and her name is Joni.  You can jump on over and see her work of art right now.  Don't forget to click on her name.  Welcome Joni!  We're happy to have you.  Until tomorrow ... happy stamping!!!


6 comments:

  1. OOH, Helen, I think this is cute! I especially like the way you did your warm winter wishes salutation! COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, Helen. I guess the pondering did well for you because this is such a beautiful card. Love how you did the labels, and they match the scarf. Super job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how u made the colors look!!! Wasn't sure how to make them work but this card is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and thank you for the warm welcome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a precious card there, Miss Helen. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't appear that you had any trouble at all! Love that stamp set - pulled mine out for this card too - but couldn't figure it out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete