Friday, August 8, 2014

Tom's Birthday Card

Today is my husband, Tom's birthday, and since he loves everything nautical, I thought I would try my hand at some sponging and see what I come up with.  First of all, he loves boating, both power and hobie cat sailing.  Since Stampin' Up had a sailboat stamp (retired), I thought I would use that for his card.

I love to brayer and really have to practice my hand at it, but for this card, I thought I would just sponge it because I liked the way it came out better.



You can't see in the picture that the water, where I used gorgeous grunge, has glitter on it, so I took a close up view so you could see it.  It's very hard to get just the right angle to see it ... so this is the best I could do.


Can you see them now?  It reminds me of the sparkling sunshine that looks like diamonds dancing across the water.  Somehow, it's just soothing and comforting.  I love it too.

Recipe:
Paper:  basic black, marina mist, whisper white
Ink:  marina mist, coastal cabana, memento black, real red, so saffron, daffodil delight, tangerine tango
Stamp Sets:  sail away (retired), gorgeus grunge, petite pairs
Accessories:  sponge, iridescent ice glitter

Happy Birthday, Tom.  Hope your day is everything you want it to be!!!

1 comment: