Thursday, August 28, 2014

By The Tide Thank You

My husband is the Commodore of his Hobie Cat Club and he asked me to make him a thank you card for a team mate that helped him with their regatta weekend.  I asked him if he wanted a nautical card, or a thank you that was generic.  He said he didn't have anything in mind, and left it up to me to come up with something.

I pondered about whether or not to make a card with a sailboat on it, but then thought it might look a bit masculine.  I didn't want to make something that looked too much like the seashore either, and lo and behold, I found a card that Dina Kowal of Impression Obsession made and I fell in love with it.  So, I CASED it, but changed it up a bit and I absolutely love it.  Here's the card I made.

Recipe
Paper:  very vanilla
Ink:  baked brown sugar, crisp cantaloupe, coastal cabana, bermuda bay
Stamp Set:  by the tide, teeny tiny wishes
Accessories:  beautifully baroque EF,  labels collection framelits, simply scored scoring tool, dazzling diamonds glitter, vanilla shear ribbon (non SU)

Well, what do you think?  I'm happy with the outcome, and I sure do hope that Tom's team mate likes it too.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment