Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Sparkling Ornamental Pine

This week's challenge wasn't very hard at all after you take a look at the photograph we used for inspiration.  I just had to go right for the Ornamental Pine stamp set for this one ... and I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Let's start  with the photograph and color pallet, shall we?



What a serene picture with the snow on the pine tree and the Christmas ball being the focal point with it's beautiful cobalt blue color.  Very striking.

Well, as I mentioned above, I had to use the Ornamental Stamp set for my submission this week, and here it is:



Now, I showed you two pictures above because the way the lighting was, you could'n't see the sparkle on the Christmas ball, as well as the snow and sparkle on the pine bough.  I must get an area with good lighting for my pictures ... that may be my New Year's resolution ... yep, it just might be.

So here's the recipe for my card:  
Paper:  night of navy, pistachio pudding, wild wasabi, very vanilla
Ink:  garden green, pacific point, soft sky, night of navy  ** I used the baby wipe technique for the 
     Christmas ball
Stamp Sets:  ornamental pine, letterpress winter, trendy trims
Accessories:  embossing powder (clear) on pistachio pudding layer; basic rhinestone in center of 
     Christmas ball; glue pen, glitter

Now let's go over and check out what Joni created for the challenge.  And don't forget to check out Carol's blog if you haven't been there first.  Oh la la.

Thanks for checking us out this week!


1 comment: