Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - The Art of Many Merry Stars

Hello again ... and what a day it has been today.  We started out with temperatures in the high of 68 degrees, and the temperature plunged to 40 degrees, with snow and rain on the way.  WOW, all in one day.

I sat down to create my card using the photograph and colors for our challenge and just couldn't come up with something right away.  I figured I wanted to capture something that represented the weather we're experiencing, but nothing was coming to my mind.  Then, all of a sudden, I got an idea in my head and made it work.  I did add a bit of silver foil to my card for interest, as I do think the card needed it.

Here is the picture we used for inspiration, along with the color pallet:



So now you see the colors we had to work with - very chilly and cold, don't you think?  Can you see why I struggled a bit?  Well, fear not ... I did manage to pull one off, and this is what I created for you:

Recipe:

Paper:  island indigo, pool party, silver foil, whisper white
Ink:  pool party, island indigo, lost lagoon, sahara sand, smoky slate, silver metallic
Stamp Sets:  many merry stars, gorgeous grunge, endless wishes, cheerful tags, work of art
Accessories:  basic rhinestones

Success!  I hope you like it.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.  So let's check out what Carol created this week.  I can't wait to see how she used these colors in her card.  Also, don't forget to hop on over to Joni's blog too.  Joni always has a jump on these challenges - she's just that good.

Well, hope you have a wonderful day, and stay warm and dry if you're expecting snow in your area.  Tis the season, they say.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: