Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Coloring Down the Lines - Snowy Swirls

BRRRRRRR! Is it as cold where you live as it is where I live? It's been so cold, under 30 degrees for the past week or so, and the wind is blowing tonight and we're expecting snow and sleet, and freezing rain. But ... in a few days, it's going to be 60 degrees. What gives?

Our challenge today is to create another snow card, using an embossing folder other than gently falling, that looks like snow. So I broke out an older embossing folder I have - polka dots. Now, I have to say, this card is not one of my finest, and I struggled with it so many times. My original idea didn't work out, and I made about 3 cards before I settled on this one. And .. I'm not really excited about it, but it fits the bill. I just don't like when I don't have my mojo ... but it happens to the best of us.

Anyway, here's the card I came up with for you today.



The stamp sets I used on this card were Santa's Sleigh, with the framelit, and Star of Light. As I mentioned, I used the polka dots embossing folder for the snow, and highlighted the dots with dazzling diamonds for a little glitter. The snow at the bottom is dazzling diamonds glimmer paper, and the background colors for the sky (not too visible on this photograph) are pool party, lost lagoon, marina mist, paper denim. The tree is stamped on lost lagoon paper, and I topped the card off with some lost lagoon glimmer ribbon. And there you have it.

Amanda's blog was just ahead of me, and hopping forward takes you to Joni's blog. I hope you have fun hopping along until you come full circle.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me each week. It means the world to me!

Stay warm.  Love you lots!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is delightful, and you get bonus points for the extra background photo setting - very visually appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, swirly snow. Love it.

    ReplyDelete