Thursday, August 13, 2015

Tom's Birthday Card

This year, my husband Tom's birthday fell on a weekend that he was sailing, or should I say, racing his hobie cat, so I didn't get to see him until he returned home.  Because he was sailing, of course I wanted to make him a card of a sailboat of some sort, and I found a card on Pinterest created by NancyFerbShares.com.  She used "A Work of Art" for her card, and I thought it was so nice, I wanted to try and make one myself.  So this is what I came up with, using her inspiration:


I changed the colors up for my card, and I ended up cutting the zig zags for the water.  I thought it turned out pretty cute, if I must say so myself.  Tom liked it too, once he returned home to open it.  He came home a bit early this time because of all the boat traffic and waves, that it made it just too hard to sail.  Never-the-less, he seemed to have a great time.

Ta Ta for now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment