Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Happy Scenes

Well, it's been a crazy month past.  My father had knee replacement surgery and he's 88 years old.  I've been running him to his appointments, spent the day at the hospital with him during his surgery, running back and forth visiting him, then taking him to rehab and visiting him, and now he's home, and continuing to make sure he has everything he needs, food, etc.  He lives alone, God bless him, and he's doing ok.  Just a bit swollen still, but I'm glad he's making out.

Besides that, I've been working late hours trying to catch up on all the projects I'm working, and sometimes working 11-1/2 hour days.  Calgon, take me away!!!

I managed to take time and make my card for the blog hop.  It was nice and relaxing, and I was sure glad I did.

So, what did we have to work from this week?  Here's the photograph and color pallet we used.


I had wanted to do something with flowers, but everything I tried just didn't work out.  So this is what I came up with instead.



What I used for this card was the Happy Scenes, You're So Sweet, Bordering Blooms, and Hardwood stamps sets.  I then used the heart and home framelits for the window and window box, and topped the flowers in the top of the window on the vine with tiny basic pearls.  The sky color is blushing bride .. it  reminded me of dusk in the Fall.  The redwood background is stamped in real red, and i used a dauber and daubed the color on the entire stamp to make the wood pop just like it was a red wood building, or barn.  Cute, huh?

Did you arrive here from Amanda's blog?  If so, be sure to hop on over to Joni's blog after stopping here to see what's in store.  Fun, Fun, Fun!  We never run out of ideas.

I hope you enjoyed the hop this week.  Thanks for your visit.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Helen, What a beautiful card! I don't know how you get your inspiration when you're so busy...one of my problems! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - obviously your busy life is not impeding your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely, helen! have to tell you, this week's paper plunge card is gorgeous! just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete