Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Birthday Blossoms

It's blog hop time again.  Yea, hump day!  If you've started with Inkedx2, you hopped on over to Ourcraftyplaydate before you arrived here.  After you've had a chance to view my submission for this week, hop on over to Joniinthespotlightstaming to continue on.

This week's challenge wasn't that hard for me, from looking at the photograph, I knew exactly what I was going to do.

So, let's take a look at the photograph we used for our inspiration first, and the color pallet, and you will then see what I made using the colors listed.


The photograph above reminds me of a flower just ready to blow in the summer breeze.  I can just imagine myself in a field of flowers, with gentle breezes around me.  Can you put yourself there?

Now here's the creation I made, and when I made this card, I thought of another nice day, just before dusk, and this is what I created.


I used the aqua painter to color the flowers and leaves.  The water lightened the colors like I wanted, and gave it just the right look I was trying to achieve.  You can't see it very well, but the centers of the flowers, I used soft sky, but the flowers themselves are wisteria wonder, elegant eggplant, and blackberry bliss.  The leaves are lost lagoon, and blended nicely with the flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment