Saturday, July 4, 2015

Father's Day 2015

I decided to have a BBQ at my house this year for Father's Day.  It was supposed to be a stormy day, but turned out to be pretty nice, with the sun shining, and no rain in sight.  It was a bit warm, though, and although I was fortunate to be able to grill out on our back deck, we decided to eat inside and keep a bit cool.

I made this vintage inspired card for my dad, and I had no idea how much he would like it.  When I gave it to my father, his eyes lit up and he smiled from ear to ear.  Turns out, he used to have a car just like the one I stamped for his card.  How coincidental is that?  What a great choice!

Here's the card I made for my father:


I used retired mocha morning designer series paper for this card because it fit perfectly.  Of course, I fussy cut the car, and popped it with some dimensionals.

Now, here's a picture of my father and our son, Tj.  What a great picture!!!


I had to snicker ... they both are sitting there with their arms folded.  How funny is that?

Since my husband is more of the nautical type, I made a card for him with a nautical theme.  Although he wasn't home for our BBQ till later, never-the-less, he did get to enjoy some left over food and open his card.  Both he and our son loved it.  I must say, I did too.


I also used retired designer series paper for this one, but can't remember the name of it.  I used work of art for the colored background, and by the sea for the anchor.  Really like the way the colors tied together nicely.

Hope you like my cards, and most of all, the picture of two of the men in my life whom I love so much.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment