Tuesday, July 7, 2015

An Elegant Thank You

For our May 2015 long distance card, the theme was "thank you".  I make a lot of thank you cards, but wanted to make something just a little bit different this time.  I was looking through Pinterest, and didn't find anything that I wanted to make.  I knew I wanted to use the new sahara sand lace ribbon, but didn't know how I would incorporate it into my card.  So I pondered a bit, and then all of a sudden, I started making the card and could't believe how it turned out.  I made some extras for myself, and I still love them.  Here's how the card turned out:


The card opens where the lace trim is, so the "thank you" just peeks out below the lace.  I used the blendabilities (no longer sold by Stampin Up) for the flowers and shading.  It's actually more of a WOW card in person than the picture shows.  I also used the decorative dots for some texture, and that just finished it off.

Hope you like it as much as I do.  Until next time ... happy stamping!

1 comment: