Saturday, May 24, 2014

Linda's Birthday Card - Happy 50th!

My sister, Linda, turned 50 on May 5 - Cinco de Mayo!  Her daughters had a party for her on Sunday, the 18th, but it didn't end up being a surprise.  They threw a wine tasting party, and it was quite fun.

I wanted to make a nice card for her, so I CASED the card from Teris Craft Spot, but I changed up the colors.  I liked her card a lot and wanted to make it - so I went to work, using colors from the color cards and this is what I came up with:

The scalloped tag topper was a bit challenging at first, but I got it on the 2nd try.  I've only made this type of card once before, and I must have measured it incorrectly and didn't leave enough room for the tabs.  LOL.

Anyway, the more I practice, the better I'll get.  The style is cute .. so I'll have to make more.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment