Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Coloring Down the Lines - From Scraps to Beauty

Happy Wednesday! Guess what? Yesterday we had a big snow storm here in Pennsylvania, and throughout the Northeast. Ok, so we only got about 7" where I live, and North of us got waaaayyyyy more than that. I thought Spring was right around the corner? Winter must have elbowed its way in and said "not so fast, Spring, I'm not ready to leave yet". Well Winter, as pretty as you can be, we're ready for you to sleep until next year. We're thinking Spring, not matter what you do.

Anyway, I was in Spring thinking mode when I made this card for you this week. One of Stampin' Up's In Colors that I love is Sweet Sugarplum. Of course, that reminds me of Spring and all things pretty. Our challenge was to use scrap material to make our cards. That wasn't too difficult for me since I save all my scraps and all I did was pull some out and whipped up this card in no time.

Here's the card I made for you .. and I must say, I rather like it a lot. I think I may make some more in other colors.


I used the Sale-a-Bration stamp set, Delicate Details on this card, and the shadowing from the photograph makes it look like lace. Kind of cool, huh? I also used Timeless Textures for dotting around the label, and the sentiment was from Beautiful You stamp set. A little bit of silver foil, sugarplum ribbon, little bit o' rhinestones, and a scrap of embossed paper from an old retired embossing folder (which I forget the name of at the moment), and whola!

Now you're wondering what you can do with your leftover scraps? Why not check out Amanda's creation at Our Crafty Playdate, which is a hop ahead of me, and then skip on forward to Lizzy Stamps and see what she made. Go ahead and check them out.

Well, thank you for stopping by and keeping us going. We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment