Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Coloring Down the Lines - Silver & Gold

Nothing says Silver and Gold like the Christmas holiday. I can just hear Burl Ives singing Silver & Gold, Silver & Gold, Everyone Wishes For Silver & Gold ... just love it.

This month, we will be focusing on Silver and Gold. There are a whole lot of possibilities using Silver and Gold, and I had fun making my first card of the season with it.

Here is the pretty inspirational photo we used this week ...


I knew exactly what I wanted to create, so as soon as I sat down at my crafting station, I pulled out everything and whipped up my card in no time. Check it out!



Recipe
Cardstock:  very vanilla, gold and silver foil, silver glimmer paper
Ink:  gold embossing powder
Stamp Set:  Christmas pines
Accessories:   softly falling textured impressions EF, merry tags framelit dies, pretty pines thinlit dies, silver glitter ribbon

I wanted to have a nice background, but the lighting in my dining room is rather soft and yellow, so the color of the card looks like I used copper, but I didn't. You can see the colors more vividly in the first picture.

I hope you like my card. If you started here, take a hop forward to Amanda's blog from Our Crafty Playdate, then continue the hop, then on to Joni in the Spotlight Stamping, until you get to Robbie's blog, Inked X 2, where it all begins.

Thanks for stopping by this week. And there's a real treat coming up for you too ... we're starting another blog hop on Thursdays, each day, featuring a selected stamp set. Don't forget to check that out, as you will certainly be treated to some more great and lovely designs.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Very elegant! Leave it to you to make an elegant card using BOTH silver and gold! This is a card to put front and center on your mantle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely as usual!!!!! Such a pretty design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love your card - makes me wish I had purchased those supplies.

    ReplyDelete