Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Perfect Plum with a Twist

Hi Everyone!  I'm so glad to be back blogging again.  I've had the worst experience last week - I got a computer virus that took over my entire computer, including my operating system, and I was knocked out of commission for over a week.  You can only imagine my dismay when I couldn't post anything, and had to install a new operating system, re-install MS Office (upgraded to 2013), and needless to say, prior to all of that, was on the phone for 11 solid hours with support over 2 days.  BUT ... I'm back, so this is my first post since that awful experience.

This week's challenge is not my fav.  The colors are:  perfect plum, marina mist, rose red, or perfect plum, early espresso, whisper white.  Did you say, WHAT?  Yep, what on earth would or could you do with those colors?????  That's exactly what I said to myself as I sat down to figure it out.  But the added bonus is:  add a new technique - something new that we've never done before.  Ok, I'm up for that.

So, I went to work trying to come up with something, and I came up with a technique, but the colors were still a puzzle to me.  Well, I thought I'd try the safe choice:  perfect plum, early espresso, and whisper white.  Still, that wasn't something I would have chosen normally, but, oh well, I'll give it a whirl.  It didn't seem like Carol had much trouble with the colors, now, did she?  She usually never does.  I don't know how she does it.  But never-the-less, here's what I came up with, along with my newly, tried technique:  wax-resist embossing:


So what I did is took the window frames framelit and used it as a border.  Then I took wax paper, along with the petals a plenty embossing folder and ran it through the big shot, then ironed it onto a piece of glossy white paper and ran over the image with a dauber dipped in perfect plum ink, wiping off any excess ink.  The image wasn't as crisp as I had hoped, but for my first try, it wasn't bad.  I don't think you can see the strip of whisper white with JOY on it is also embossed with the stylish stripes embossing folder.  So what do you think?  I used a couple new techniques I've never done before:  the framelit border and the wax-resist embossing.   I think I might try it again and see what I come up with.  Hope you like it.

Now let's check out what fun idea Joni came up with for her technique.  I'm sure she's way ahead of the game, as I know she finished her card before the weekend was over.  Let's go check it out ..... I can't wait to see it.

Until tomorrow, thanks for stopping by, and I'm so glad to be back!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice card, nice technique. Thanks for the instructions. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete