Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Island Indigo with a Twist

Fall is here in full color and it's so beautiful to see in all its splendor.  So, how fitting that our challenge this week is to add a "leaf" to our creation - no matter what the color combination is.  Hummmm, you're wondering.  How are you going to manage that, especially since the color combination for this week's challenge is:  island indigo, rose red and garden green, or island indigo, pool party and calypso coral.  Well the garden green, sure, that could fit, but what about those other colors?  Yep, you're right. I didn't select those, so I decided to go with something simple this week.

Did you check out Carol's Cards first before landing here?  Well what did you think about hers?  Not a surprise that she could come up with something spectacular, right?  I hope mine can inspire you just as much as hers, so check it out and see what you think.

Recipe
Paper:  island indigo, very vanilla
Ink:  island indigo, rose red, garden green
Stamp Sets:  gorgeous grunge, hand-penned holidays (retired), best of autumn
Accessories:  island indigo candy dots, island indigo 3/4" chevron ribbon

That's it!  I thought simple is better.  It covered all the bases with the color combination and included the leaf in my card and whola ... there you have it.  I hope you like it, and please don't forget to leave me a comment, if you so choose.

Now, let's check out Joni's card and see what inspired her with the challenge.  I'm sure she had hers figured out well before I did, so let's go .... Ciao for now!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, Helen! You are a genius! I love your first color choice and a good use of it. Subtle yet it blends in well. hugs

    ReplyDelete