Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Sweet Bouquet

It's that time again ... yep, Coloring Down the Lines Blog Hop.  I prepared my card early because by now, I'm in Birmingham, Alabama at a function for one of my customers at work.

This week's challenge really focused on two color schemes:  yellow and greens.  At first I was wondering how I come up with a card that I had in mind and although it doesn't quite fit the idea I had in mind, I rather like the way it turned out.

If you've arrived here from Robbie's blog, you sure got some great inspiration there.  I hope mine will also inspire you to use just the simple colors we used, and see what you can create.  I'm sure you'll also find a lot of inspiration over at Joni's blog as well.  She's next on the tour.  Please don't forget to hop on over.

Here's the color photograph we used this week, as well as the color pallet.


So as you can see, there's not a lot of any other color to work with, but the sky is the limit with the possibilities.  Here's what I created for you:

Recipe
Paper:  always artichoke, whisper white
Ink:  so saffron, crushed curry, hello honey, always artichoke, garden green, wild wasabi
Stamp Sets:  butterfly basics, flower patch, best of flowers, beautiful bunch, flower shop,
 petal potpourri
Accessories:  pansy punch, flower medallion punch, 7/8" scallop punch, flower fair framelits, 
white jute ribbon

For the background, I used wild wasabi, crushed curry, hello honey, always artichoke and garden green using the bokeh method.  When I was putting the card together, it was such a start background so I figured, why not try blending all those colors together and seeing what happens.  It was just what the card needed.

Thanks for stopping by this week.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment