Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Winter's Peace

This is the first Coloring Down the Lines for 2015!  Fun, Fun, Fun we plan on having throughout the year.  I do hope you will continue to visit and see all the wonderful creations.  And best of all, I'm always happy that they can provide inspiration to you ...

Here's the picture and color pallet we used for this week's challenge:


Well, there's not much color to this challenge, so I went to work trying to figure out what to create.  Since it's still Winter time, I thought I'd keep in the frame of mind and came up with this creation for you.


I tried to give the card a bit of a cold, wintery feel, and for interest, I added a couple stars in the sky using dazzling diamonds glimmer paper.  I just love that paper ... it's beautiful.  You can't see it too well in the photo above, but it does look nice in person.  The moon was done using very vanilla, however, for the card, I used whisper white.  The trees are stamped in basic gray, smoky slate, and sahara sand.  

So, do you want to see what Carol and Joni created for you this week?  For Carol, head back from my blog (just click on her name), and Joni is a forward hop.  

There you have it.  Ta ta till next week.

4 comments:

  1. How did you make the trees? Is that a punch? Love your use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Helen! It does have a wintry feel to it also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of all the brrrrrr colors. Yes, it does have a cold, winter, look, just like it is outside here. I'm already tired of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your sweet comments. Lizzy, I used the tree from the holiday home stamp set & hand cut some of them.

    ReplyDelete