Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My baby is leaving for Europe

My son, Tj and his friend, Drew are leaving for a two month trip hiking through Europe tomorrow.  They are flying to Spain to begin their trip, then to Italy, France, Switzerland, and the final leg of their journey will land them in Germany at Octoberfest!  I wish I was going, although I don't know if I would like the "backpacking" thing at my age.  If I was 26, maybe I would consider it, but nah, not now.  I'm sad to see him leave because I'll miss him so much, and I'm happy that he has this wonderful opportunity to travel and see other parts of the world that are simply beautiful.  I've only been to Italy twice and loved every minute of it.  I would love to go to Germany, Switzerland and Ireland some day.  Maybe if I save my pennies, I will make it there.  But for now, I'm preparing myself for Tj's departure and keeping a big, giant smile on my face as I see him off.  Happy and safe travels, my sweet.  (yes, that is what I have called him since he was a baby).  And for once in my life, I hope these next 2 months fly by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment